Nome contesto: Museum
Tipologia: Triennale of Milan
Declinazione specifica: Bookstore inside the museum.
|CATEGORIA||b) contesti neutri|
1) Almeno 3 immagini
2) Descrivere il contesto nelle sue variabili ambientali (spaziali, dimensionali, di luce), di organizzazione (500 parole max)
I go into a museum of modern design, specifically in the Triennale of Milan, it is a museum of moderate size, two floors, the entry and an upper floor, about 6 exhibitions taking place at the same time, in addition to rooms exhibitions contain other facilities such as a design cafe, a bookstore, also has rooms for gala dinners, conferences, seminars, workshops, among others. The place is nicely decorated in terms of interior design is also very bright, natural light from large glazed ceiling windows, artificial light is also very well studied and adequated to the space. I enter in the gallery, a spacious great hall, almost all white, floor, facade, some furniture. I Step over the area of buying tickets on my right and I go to the bookstore located a little further and on the left side. I’m waiting for some colleagues to see an exhibition so I entertain myself seeing some design books on the bookstore. The library is spacious and has 3 very large entries, the lighting of this room is mainly from artificial light (lamps. ..), the walls are brick, earth tone, the books are displayed on shelves and several squared wooden and metal tables, there isn’t any seats, reading is brief and standing. There is a post where you can make the payment. In the store you may also find postcards, souvenirs and various writing materials.
3) indicare tre aggettivi che caratterizzano il contesto
Quiet, cozy, cultural
4) Individuare e descrivere le seguenti caratteristiche del contesto.
1. Dove è localizzato?
This space is located in Viale Emilio Alemagna, near park Sempione in Milan more particularly within the Triennale museum bookstore.
2. E’ un luogo fisso o mobile?
In a fixed point.
3. E’ pubblico o privato/domestico?
It is a public.
4. All’aperto o al chiuso/interno?
It is interior.
5. E’ accessibile in modo libero o codificato? (dettagliare 200 battute).
The access to this museum is free for some exhibitions others you have to pay an entrance fee. There are also some private events.
6. E’ uno luogo specializzato funzionalmente in termini univoci (mono funzione-uso) o dagli usi multipli (funzioni-uso primarie e secondarie) o non specificati (funzioni-uso accessorie, potenziali o improprie)? (dettagliare 200 battute)
The museum’s main function is to promote international culture and design through access to various exhibitions, conferences, workshops, among others, but also has other services such as a design cafe, a bookstore, among others, and also other leisure activities as “aperitive”.
7. Quali sono i tempi di accessibilità dello spazio/contesto? (dettagliare 200 battute)
It is a space with good and easy accessibility, is very centered and has many modes of transportation to the site during opening hours such as metro, tram, bus, taxi, bycicle and walking.
8. E’ uno spazio strutturato/codificato o non strutturato/informale? (dettagliare 200 battute)
It is a structured space once it is for public access, also formal in some special and private events.
9. E’ attrezzato o equipaggiato rispetto alla sua eventuale funzione/i? Con che elementi (naturali o) dotazioni e dispositivi? (dettagliare 200 battute)
It is equipped with all the elements necessary for the exercise of their functions such as: exhibition halls, tour information, toilets, hosting company events (conferences, conventions, workshops, galla dinners, special exhibitions), corporate communications, among others.
10. Lo spazio viene fruito individualmente o in più persone? Quante? (dettagliare 200 battute)
The area is frequented by hundreds of people every day as it is a public place. It also promotes seminars for over 80 people, dinners for over 350 people and gala for over 250 guests.
11. Quali sono i ruoli dei vari attori all’interno dello spazio (codificati, non codificati)? Che azioni svolgono? (dettagliare 200 battute)
In this space the actors move consuante the desired activity, to see exhibitions, to get a coffee, to see and buy books. In this space the actors can relax, chat, learn, pass the time, among others.
12. Quali azioni relative al libro/lettura vi si possono svolgere (trasportare, leggere, comprare)? (dettagliare 200 battute)
In the museum you can buy books, read books, signage and panels and fact sheets.
13. Qual è azione principale relativa al libro/lettura che vi si svolge (o per la quale è pensato, progettato, strutturato…)?
The main action on reading is mainly to pass the time (a personal book you bring from home, reading in the bookstore, in the design coffe…), also informational and educational. Is also present in the gallery reading signage to guide us, the bookstore doesn’t have any reading room or area, you have to read standing or go to the design coffe.
14. Quali altre azioni (non relative al libro/lettura) vi si possono svolgere? (dettagliare 200 battute)
Apart from reading it is possible to draw, see the exhibits, have a coffe, chat, eat, among others.
15. Come si muovono/comportano le persone all’interno dello spazio? (liberamente, secondo procedure/percorsi/azioni/obiettivi.. etc) (dettagliare 200 battute)
People move in space acording to the destination desired or more convenient acording to the service they want to use (see exhibits, have a coffee, buy some books, go to the theater …). May be routine or not.
16. Quali sono le modalità temporali di utilizzo dello spazio (durata, momento della giornata etc)? (dettagliare 200 battute)
The gallery is open to the public daily from Tuesday to Sunday from 10.30 a.m to 8.30 p.m and from Thursday to Friday from 10.30 a.m to 11 p.m. During this period the people come and go and stay within the desired time, there is no limit within hours of opening unless you don’t pay the entrance ticket of some exhibitions.
17. Gli attori possono modificare lo spazio? Come? Con che ruoli? Temporaneamente? Permanentemente? Attraverso quali azioni, dotazioni etc? (dettagliare 200 battute)
No, the actors can not change the space.
18. Quali sono gli aspetti positivi (relativi al libro/lettura e non) di questo contesto? E quelli negativi?
The positives are that we can use reading as a way to pass the time while we wait for someone or not, as well as promote culture and education through the possibility of buying a wide range of books. For negatives, you can not make a prolonged and concentrated reading because the shop does not have any public seats public reading room.
19. Come questo contesto potrebbero essere migliorato, reso più idoneo, più funzionale, più efficace ad usi relativi al libro/lettura?
The situation could be improved if it created a reading area in the bookstore (chairs, benches, sofas) where the customer could read in order to facilitate the choice of the book (he could have a more careful reading) and also to pass the time.